HolidayLEDs.com Christmas Light Recycling Program
Christmas Light Recycling Program open.
The Christmas light recycling program is currently open.
How does the program work?
It's easy to participate all you have to do is send us your old Christmas lights for recycling and we'll send you a coupon good for 15% off HolidayLEDs.com LED Christmas lights. All coupons may only be redeemed once on a single order and may not be used with with any other offer, discount or coupon.
How Should I Ship My Lights?
You can send your lights via any shipping method you like. However, there is no reason to send them express. We would recommend that you send them by the least expensive method available.
Can I send Christmas lights to you any time?
No. The Christmas Light Recycling Program opens up in October and closes at the end of February.
How do I get my coupon?
Once you have packed up and shipped us your lights please complete our Christmas light recycling form and we will email you your coupon as soon as we confirm shipment.
How should I package the lights?
Please DO NOT:
1. Include any packing material or anything other than the lights themselves
2. Send the lights in outer packaging such as retail boxes
3. Include any apparatus used to wind up or store the lights
4. Use any size box that is larger than what is needed to accommodate the lights.
5. Put your light sets in plastic bags or any other interior packaging.
1. Use cardboard boxes or other packaging that can easily be recycled.
2. Coordinate with your friends, neighbors, co-works, social groups, church groups, or other organizations when possible to collect lights and send in one bulk shipment (this reduces shipping costs for everyone and reduces environmental impact of shipping.)
3. Compact your light sets into the smallest space possible.
What do we do with the lights you ask?
When we receive your lights for recycling we will remove them from the package and recycle the box. The lights will be processed and any material that cannot be recycled (i.e. loose bulbs)is discarded. Once we have collected a substantial number of sets we take them to a 3rd party recycling facility. The recycling company puts the lights through a commercial shredder, which chops the lights up into little pieces. The pieces are then further processed and sorted into the various components that make up the lights (pvc, glass, copper.) The materials are separated and transported to a region center for further processing. In some cases, the pvc cannot be recycled.
Why should I participate in the program?
It's better than throwing them in the trash and if you participate we will email you a coupon for 15% off anything on our site.
Thank you for participating in HolidayLEDs.com Christmas light recycling program. We'd also like to give a special thanks to our friends at Christmas-Songs.net who have been avid supporters of our program and have a great site about Christmas songs.
Lights Should be Shipped To:
HOLIDAY LEDS RECYCLING
13400 WATERTOWN PLANK RD. SUITE 34
ELM GROVE, WI 53122