A Green Solution to Replacing Old Lights: Our Christmas Light Recycling Program
Each holiday season, a flurry of Christmas and lighting enthusiasts work tirelessly to bring magical displays to life. Countless strings and LED lights are purchased nationwide to illuminate remarkable designs. But whether you're decorating a large-scale holiday spectacle or a residential home, you must face a single truth: your light strings cannot last forever. Not all of your Christmas lights will inevitably survive the season. General wear and tear, plus the effects of harsh, wet winters put added strain on your string lights, leaving you no choice but to throw them away at the end of the season.
Unfortunately, string lights can be harmful to the environment when disposed of improperly. That’s why HolidayLEDs.com created its Christmas Light Recycling Program!
Participating is easy: Ship us your broken lights, and we’ll take care of the rest! The bonus? You’ll get a 10% off coupon to use on future HolidayLEDs.com purchases to help you replace the lights you sent in. This makes it easier to design and install the perfect dazzling display for the next holiday season AND you’ll have done your part to help the environment!
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
It’s simple! All you have to do is send us your old Christmas lights, and we'll send you a coupon good at HolidayLEDs.com. Coupons can only be redeemed once on a single order and may not be used with any other offer, discount, or coupon. Exclusions apply.
WHY RECYCLE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS?
It’s all about the green! We know you care about the environment as much as we do. Like most electronic products, Christmas lights are not bio-degradable, meaning they will not decompose into the earth’s soil. These products can sit in landfills for hundreds of years and pose a potential threat to animals that can get tangled in the strands. Therefore, recycling your lights is an easy way to do your part to look after the earth and save some money!
CAN I SEND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS TO YOU ANY TIME?
Yes! The Holiday Light Recycling Program is available year-round.
Pro-Tip: If you are looking at your lights in autumn and want to recycle the old ones, browse our Christmas string light options for some inspiration on using your coupon!
THE DOs & DON’Ts OF SENDING IN YOUR CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
All you need to do is box up your lights in the smallest box and send them to us. Feel free to use the cheapest and slowest shipping rates. Here are a few guidelines to help you make this process as easy as possible.
- Include any packing material or anything other than the lights themselves
- Send the lights in outer packaging such as retail boxes
- Include any apparatus used to wind up or store the lights
- Use any size box that is larger than what is needed to accommodate the lights
- Put your light sets in plastic bags or any other interior packaging
- Use cardboard boxes or other packaging that can easily be recycled
- Coordinate with your friends, neighbors, co-workers, social groups, church groups, or other organizations, when possible, to collect lights and send in one bulk shipment. This reduces shipping costs for everyone and reduces the environmental impact of shipping!
- Compact your light sets into the smallest space possible
- Send your lights via any shipping method you like. We recommend that you send them by the least expensive method available.
Due to local recycling guideline updates, we can no longer accept greenery, rope lights, or loose or broken bulbs. We can only recycle string lights. All other items will be thrown away.
Lights Should be Shipped To:
Send your lights via USPS, FedEx, or UPS Ground to:
HOLIDAY LEDS RECYCLING
W227N6225 SUSSEX ROAD
SUSSEX, WI 53089
If you are local, drop-offs are now accepted at the above location, Monday through Friday from 8-4 pm. Please drop next to the Holiday Lighting Door #12.
Do you live in Michigan and want to participate? Contact us toll-free at (866) 492-4330 and we can help!
Once you have packed up and shipped us your lights, please complete our Christmas light recycling form, and we will email you your coupon as soon as we confirm shipment!